You may have facing problems to remove your faucet handle.
It is not much difficult what you are thinking about. We are here to fix your problems with an easy solution.
Through this article, you will be able to know how to remove faucet handle without screws. There are lots of reasons to remove a faucet handle.
You may feel essential to remove faucet handle when you need to wash your faucet or change the faucet.
It is vital to change a faucet cartridge before removing the handles of your faucet. Without removing the cartridge you cannot pull the handle off. Here you will learn 3 methods of removing the faucet handle without screws. If your faucet is one of the best commercial kitchen faucets, follow the methods to remove the faucet handle.
3 Easy Methods How To Remove Faucet Handle Without Screws
There are thousands of faucets. All the faucet handles are not the same. It might be different from each other. Whatever faucet handle you have, these 3 methods will help you to remove the handle.
- Removing faucet handle that has a cap
- Removing a double faucet handle without screws
- Removing lever handle faucet without screws
Follow the steps of these methods carefully to learn how to remove faucet handle without screws
Removing Faucet Handle That Has A Cap (8 Simple Steps)
Step 1: Turn Off The Water Supply
At first, you need to shut the water supply. Turn the main water line off. If the supply line valves are located underneath your sink, you can shut it from there. But, if you cannot find the location of the supply line valves, turn off the main meter line.
Step 2: Find Out The Cap
If your faucet handle has a cap, you need to find out where it is. You can find out the cap at the base or the side of your faucet handle.
Step 3: Use Flat-head Screwdriver
Wherever the cap of your faucet handle is located, you need to use a flat-head screwdriver to pry it off. Grab the screwdriver into the gap and slowly work around the edge until it unscrews off.
Many of the faucet handles or caps can easily fragile. It can be damaged when you grab your screwdriver. If one of them does disintegrate, you don’t need to be worried. You can easily purchase or order it online.
Step 4: Remove The Screw
Now it’s time to remove the screw. There is a screw that is initially invisible to you. Use an Allen wrench to remove the screw.
Step 5: Cover The Drain
You need to be careful before you remove the screw. The screw is very tiny. You have to cover the drain of the sink so that it does not fall on the drain. This screw will be needed to secure the faucet handle.
Step 6: Use A Pair Of Pliers Or Faucet Handle Puller
After removing the screw, you have to pull out the faucet handle. As the faucet handle is secured firmly, you cannot pull it out so easily. To remove the handle smoothly, you need to use a pair of pliers.
Step 7: Use An Old Towel
When you are removing the faucet handle by using pliers, you need an old towel. To avoid scratches on its surface, wrap the towel around the base.
Step 8: Use Distilled White Vinegar
If you found mineral deposits, after removing the handle. Use distilled white vinegar around the area. It will dispel the mineral deposits from the faucet.
Removing A Double Faucet Handle Without Screws
- Turn off the water supply
- Hold the faucet handle carefully. Then twist the base of the handle counterclockwise.
- Now you have to remove the screw. You need a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw.
- There is a white cartridge underneath the handle. You need to use needle-nosed pliers to pull it out.
- Then you can easily remove your faucet handle
Removing Lever Handle Faucet Without Screws
- At the very beginning, you have to turn off the water supply
- Grab your handy little flat head screwdriver into the hot or cold button on the front of the handle.
- Cover your sink drain so that the little tiny things never fall on the drain
- You will get an Allen Kew behind the button instead of a screw. You need an Allen Wrench to remove the Allen key.
- After you remove the Allen key you will get the screw and remove it too
- One your Allen key has gone, you can easily pull the handle off
- If your faucet has a cartridge, unscrew the top piece of the faucet. If there is no cartridge, you already reached the actual faucet from which the water comes.
- After that, you will see a gold-colored piece and remove it with your hand. If not, use an old towel and wrap it around the faucet to avoid scratching. Unscrew it by using a wrench.
- We recommend you not to take apart the cartridge and replace the tiny pieces by yourself. To make your faucet, safe buy a whole replacement cartridge to replace the faucet.
Hope! You get the answer to how to remove the faucet handle without screws. If you follow the above-mentioned methods you can successfully remove screw less faucet handle.
For more details check this video also.
After cleaning the faucet handle or replacing a new faucet, you have to reverse the process to make it reassembled. If you have a faucet today or tomorrow you need to remove your faucet handle.
Without removing faucet handle you cannot clean it or cannot replace it. Firstly know your faucet style then follow how to remove faucet handle without screws one of the methods which are matched to your kitchen faucet.