Whatever appliances you use, you need to know the maintenance of the product.
If you fail to maintain the appliance, it will not last for a long time.
Like other kitchen appliances you need to clean your air fryer regularly and sometimes it requires deep cleaning.
Whenever you are cleaning the appliance, you need to know how to clean an air fryer. Without knowing the cleaning process and the necessary cleaning instruments, you cannot take care of your air fryer.
- Damp microfiber cloth or a non-abrasive sponge
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Dry cloth
- Soft-bristle scrub brush
3 Easy Ways To Know How To Clean An Air Fryer
Cleaning is a very common task in a kitchen. If you cannot clean your utensils with proper products then your favorite utensils will not last for a long time. Before deep cleaning your air fryer, you need to learn what to do and what not to do.
What To Do And What Not To Do Before Deep Cleaning
To maintain your air fryer properly, you need to avoid the products that are harmful to your air fryer.
- As an air fryer contains a lot of food particles when you cook food, you need to remove these before the deep cleaning. To remove the food particles and residue from your air fryer, avoid using metal utensils, abrasive sponges, or steel wire brushes. These products can damage the non-stick coating on your air fryer.
- As the main unit of the air fryer is electrical, you need to avoid submerging the air fryer in water. if you do that it can be ruined.
- If you notice any bad odor coming from your air fryer, you can remove this by putting a lemon in the basket. After that wait for 30 minutes to sit the lemon before cleaning the air fryer. A piece of lemon has the power to reduce foul odor from an air fryer.
When To Clean An Air Fryer
You need to clean your air fryer regularly but it does not require deep cleaning every day.
After Each Use
After cooking food using your air fryer you need to clean it. At that time, you need to wash the basket, tray, and pan with soap and warm water, or place them in the dishwasher if they are dishwasher safe. To clean the interior, you can use a damp cloth with a bit of dish soap over the area. After cleaning all the parts of the air fryer, reassemble them perfectly.
After Few Uses
It does not necessary to clean your air fryer after every use. If you wash the parts of your air fryer daily, then it does not last for a longer time. Washing the parts on occasion will keep your air fryer functioning properly. To clean your air fryer after every use, take a damp cloth and wipe down the exterior.
How To Clean An Air Fryer Deeply
Deep cleaning is not required after each use. After many uses, you may need to clean your air fryer deeply to clear the outside and inside neat and clean perfectly. Read the instructions below to clean your air fryer.
- Unplug the air fryer and allow the device to cool for about 30 minutes
- Detach the basket and pans, and use soapy water to wash them. If you notice any food or grease on the parts, soak them in hot soapy water for at least 10 minutes. Some of the parts are dishwasher safe if they are then put them into your dishwasher and clean them.
- Take a damp microfiber cloth or non-abrasive sponge and add a bit of dish soap to wipe down the interior of the air fryer. With a clean damp cloth, wipe away the soap.
- To wipe down the heating element, you need to turn the device upside down and use a damp cloth or sponge.
- If you notice any baked-on or hard residue on the appliance, use water and baking soda and make a paste. Use a soft bristle scrub brush and scrub the paste using the brush into the residue. After that, wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Now you need to wipe the exterior. Take a damp cloth and wipe away the soap from the exterior of the appliance.
- Before reassembling the product, dry all removable parts, and the main unit.
By now, you should make sure that your air fryer is being cleaned properly. You need to pinpoint the reasons why you need to clean your appliance and determine which parts need to be cleaned. The article on how to clean an air fryer explained the process of regular cleaning and deep cleaning of your air fryer.
- The 7 Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8 Qt Review – Where To Buy?
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Review | Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- The 8 Best Deep Fryer for Fried Chicken Review